top of page

Gringa Club

Público·72 membros

School Girl6.zip

\"Everything we do as school officials is first and foremost to take care of children and when we see a child get hurt in the community for whatever reason, I think it everybody hurts,\" School Safety Director Bryan Vaughn told WSOC. \"This is one of the darkest days that you can have as a school employee.\"

school girl6.zip

"We are working through the accident with local law enforcement and school administrators but our focus remains on the healing of one of our own at this time," the district's statement read. "Please join us by adding this student to your thoughts and prayers."

BELLEFONTAINE, Ohio (AP) - Authorities say a 15-year-old Ohio boy accused of raping a 6-year-old girl on a school bus where he was a bus helper has been arrested on charges of rape and gross sexual imposition.

A Florida grandmother claims her 6-year-old granddaughter was arrested by a resource officer after throwing a temper tantrum at school - which she says happened because the child suffers from sleep apnea.

Meralyn Kirkland says the child, Kaia Rolle, was acting out at Lucious and Emma Nixon Academy, a charter school in Orlando, as a result of lack of sleep. The 6-year-old was then brought to the principal's office.

While there, a school staff employee allegedly grabbed Kaia's wrists, sparking her to lash out and kick her legs. The school resource officer - Officer Dennis Turner, of the Orlando Police Department - handcuffed Kaia and transported her to the Juvenile Assessment Center in Orlando on a battery charge.

"Schools should not discriminate against their students, and we are thrilled that Coy can return to school and put this behind her," said Kathryn Mathis, Coy's mother, said in an article on the Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund's website. The Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund filed the original legal complaint on behalf of the Mathis' family.

Coy's family raised the issue after school officials said the first-grader could use restrooms in either the teachers' lounge or in the nurse's office, butnot the girl's bathroom at Eagleside Elementary School in Fountain.

Since they filed their complaint, the Mathises have moved to the Denver suburb of Aurora, and Coy was homeschooled. It wasn't immediately clear whether the family would enroll her in the new district.

The Mathis' attorney, Michael Silverman, said it wouldn't make any sense for the school district to fight the ruling since Coy and her family are no longer in the district. "Our hope is that the case ends here," Silverman said.

In Maine, the state's highest court heard arguments this month about whether school officials violated the rights of Nicole Maines, now 15, by requiring her to use a staff bathroom after there was a complaint about her using the girls' bathroom.

Nephtalie is described as a black female. She was last seen wearing a pink shirt, blue jeans and has braided hair with red and white beads in the braids. She speaks Creole. It has not been reported who dropped her off to school.

The Green Oaks Academy second-grader was walking to the school, which is on the Cesar Chavez campus, with her mother and two siblings when she was struck by a car in the crosswalk at Bay Road and Gloria Way, Officer Veronica Barries said.

But residents were furious because of ongoing traffic issues on the busy arterial street. Some residents said stop signs should be posted at the corner, which is only a block or two from the school. Families and mothers with small children frequent the intersection on their way to the school and to nearby St. Francis of Assisi Church, they said.

Some residents along Bay were upset that police hadn't blocked the Gloria Way intersection where the girl was struck, two blocks north of the motorcycle crash, given the confusion and backup of vehicles mingling with children who were hurrying to school.

"To me, it had a lot to do with the first accident. They should've sent a crossing guard," Lucy Vasquez said. "They know there's a school right there. The police department should've been more involved -- that's what hurts me. There were cars backing up, and kids are trying to cross."

"I have a daughter just like her. My daughter goes to the same school. It's a little person they killed. That's why I'm crying. She's my daughter's friend. I didn't tell my daughter that her little friend got killed. It's going to be very hard," she said, as tears streamed down her cheeks.

Officers responded to the school, located in the 1800 block of 21st Street, at about 12:30 p.m. and found the girl suffering from a gunshot wound to her abdomen. The victim was in the playground area of the school when she was injured.

While it's unusual to see a young child handcuffed in school, it's not unheard of. School officials around the nation have wrestled with the issue of when it's appropriate to call police on a student.

The school called police. When an officer tried to calm the child in the principal's office, she resisted, police say. She "was restrained by placing her hands behind her back and handcuffed", a police report states.

In Florida, the use of police in schools came up several years ago when officers arrested a kindergarten student who threw a tantrum during a jelly bean-counting contest. Since then, the overall number of student arrests in Florida has declined, but those for minor offences have increased on a percentage basis. A bill was proposed this year to restrict police from arresting kids for misdemeanours or other acts that do not pose serious safety threats.

Annette Montano, a mother in Albuquerque said her 13-year-old son was arrested last year after burping in gym class. After more problems, she said, she pulled him from the school in November. It took her three months to get him placed elsewhere. 041b061a72

Informações

Bem-vindo ao grupo! Você pode se conectar com outros membros...
bottom of page